- Pour boiling water into the empty teapot depending on number of drinkers/cups. The teapot should NOT contain any teas leaves at this point.
- Fill each cup with the water from the teapot. This will cool the water from boiling to the desired temperature of 80–85°C (176–185°F).
- Put about one heaped teaspoon of tea leaves into the empty teapot for each cup of tea. Its best to use a teapot with an infuser, but if yours doesn’t, have an infuser, you can put the leaves directly in the pot.
- Pour the water in the teacups back into the teapot.
- Let the tea steep for two minutes.
- Pour a small amount of tea into the first cup, then pour the same amount into every other cup. Continue filling the cups a little at a time, making sure that each cup contains the same amount of the weaker first pours and the stronger last drops. DO NOT fill one cup completely and then move on to the next cup.
- Continue pouring until the teapot is completely empty. You want the leaves to be as dry as possible to ensure a quality second infusion
- Depending on the quality of your tea, genmaicha is usually good for 2 or 3 infusions. If you are going for three, you will want to use a short steeping time for the second one. Pour boiling water from your kettle into the cups and wait about 30 seconds. you need to ensure a higher water temperature than you used for the first infusion.
- Pour the water from the cups into the teapot and steep for one minute. Pour the tea into the cups, alternating as in the first infusion.
- For the third infusion, you can pour the water directly into the teapot and steep for three minutes.
- If you decide to only do two infusions instead of three, increase the steeping time of the second to three minutes
NOTE:Use the amounts given in these instructions as a rough guide. If you find the resulting tea too weak, add more tea leaves; if it is too strong, reduce the amount of leaves used. Similarly, try increasing or decreasing the steeping times.
This is a fairly forgiving tea compared to other Japanese green teas, so you’ll generally get a pretty good brew even if you don’t do everything to the T.
Shipping rates vary with weight, destination and type of Product.
Free Shipping Everywhere for orders of $50 or more 😍😎 Use code
India - Free Delivery
The USA - Min. $15- Max. $25
Other Countries - Min.$15 - Max. $30
Matcha Ware & GPS-Pure Himalayan Shilajit
India - Free Delivery
The USA - Min $18 - Max $30
Other Countries - Min $18 - Max $30